During every trip, we want Accessible Dispatch passengers to be comfortable, safe, and confident that their driver knows how to help them safely board the vehicle and secure their mobility device. Outside of the passenger assistance and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) operating courses that every Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC)-licensed driver is required to complete, Accessible Dispatch is proud to offer additional training!
TLC-licensed drivers: do you need tips on how to operate your WAV’s ramp and securement system? We host Refresher Training sessions every Monday. Join us to:
- Stay up-to-date on how to operate your vehicle’s ramp
- Help passengers with disabilities board and de-board the vehicle
- Learn how to secure passengers using your WAV’s securement straps.
- Find out how learning how to secure passengers faster and more appropriately can help you take more trips and earn more money
Every Monday from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Training only takes 15 minutes to complete. Stop by at any point during this timeframe that works for your schedule.
882 3rd Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11232
Who can attend?
Any TLC-licensed driver who operates a WAV.
What do I need to bring?
Just yourself and your vehicle! Don’t forget, you MUST bring your WAV with you to complete training and be eligible to receive the free gas card.
Why should I attend?
- Learn more about Accessible Dispatch, dispatch fee payments, and driver incentive programs
- Stay confident in your ability to appropriately use your WAV’s securement features
- Meet some of the team members behind the Accessible Dispatch program
- Earn a free gas card
- No RSVP necessary—just stop by anytime between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Quick training—we’ll only take 15 minutes of your time
We encourage every driver to attend a WAV Refresher Training! If you have questions, suggestions, or are unable to attend a scheduled session but would like the opportunity for training at a different time, please call 646-942-5957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, if you’ve already attended a WAV Refresher in the past, you are not required to attend again.
We hope to see you soon!